Super Easy Dark Chocolate Cake
Want cake from a box that really tastes like rich, dark chocolate? Adding a little cocoa makes the flavor boom! Don’t skimp here—buy the best baking cocoa you can afford.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 box (18.25 oz.) devil's food cake mix plus ingredients called for on box (except water)
- 1⁄4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tub (16 oz.) prepared chocolate frosting
- Preheat oven according to cake mix instructions. Grease and flour 2 round cake pans (8 inches). Set aside.
- Mix cake mix according to package instructions, with these changes: add cocoa to dry ingredients; add extra egg to eggs called for on the package; and substitute milk for water. Bake according to box directions.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting.