Super Easy Quiche
This quiche is the perfect go-to meal for almost any occasion and always gets rave reviews. Fresh baby spinach makes prep work even easier; feel free to alter the ingredients to suit your taste, table, or pantry. The possibilities are endless.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 5 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. ice-cold water
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 6 cups chopped fresh spinach, stems removed
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Get out a 9-inch pie plate and set aside.
- Place flour in a medium mixing bowl. Measure oil and water into a small bowl, mix well, and pour into flour. Stir until a dough comes together, then gather dough into a ball and place between two pieces of waxed paper. Roll dough out into a large round pie crust, slightly bigger than the pie plate. Carefully transfer the pie crust to the pan; press in and patch as necessary. Set aside.
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sauté 8 minutes. Add spinach and cook until spinach is wilted, about 5 minutes. Drain well and set aside.
- Break eggs in a large mixing bowl and whisk well. Add milk, mayonnaise, remaining 2 tablespoons whole-wheat flour, and pepper. Blend well. Add cheese along with contents of sauté pan and stir to combine.
- Pour filling into prepared crust. Place pan on middle rack in oven and bake 45 to 50 minutes until set.
- Remove from oven, place on wire rack, and cool slightly, about 15 minutes. Serve warm or cool.