Super-Skinny Stuffed Mushrooms
Soak your mushrooms in an alcohol of your choice, like red or white wine, for about 1 hour and your taste buds will dance.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 16 oz. reduced-fat pork sausage, skin removed
- ½ medium onion, peeled and minced
- ½ medium green bell pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 package (8 oz.) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 24 whole button mushrooms, stems removed
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add sausage. Break the meat up with a spoon and cook until brown and the fat has rendered out, about 10 minutes. Add onion and pepper. Cook, until the onions are soft, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and drain fat.
- Mix cream cheese with lemon juice and cooled sausage mixture. Stuff each mushroom with a small out of sausage and cheese mixture. Place on baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until mushrooms are soft. Serve hot.