Superfood Breakfast Tacos
Hello, breakfast of champions! These kale, sweet potato, black bean, avocado and egg tacos are a combination to get excited about. Serve with your favorite salsa, guacamole or sour cream.
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil or olive oil
- (2.5 oz.) Simple Truth® Power Greens (or spinach)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 medium sweet potato, chopped into ¼”-½” pieces
- 7 large eggs, well beaten
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, optional
- 1 can (14 oz.) Simple Truth® Black Beans
- 8 corn tortillas
- Heat the oil over medium heat and add the chopped sweet potato. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until sweet potato is crispy on the outside and cooked through, about 15-18 minutes.
- Add the greens and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes. Add chili powder, salt and black pepper to taste.
- If making a scramble, crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk well. Pour evenly over the vegetables and allow them to sit for 2 minutes before flipping with a spatula. Allow eggs to sit another minute or two before flipping again. Continue cooking until eggs are cooked through.
- While the potatoes are cooking, heat the black beans in a small pot until hot, and fry your desired amount of eggs.
- Wrap the tortillas in aluminum foil and put them in the oven at 350°F until they’re hot, about 7 minutes. You can also toast them in the oven under the broil setting for 1-2 minutes for crispier tortillas.
- Time to prepare your tacos! Remove the tortillas from the aluminum foil, and if desired, sprinkle them with cheese. Add black beans, veggies and fried egg on top. Serve with avocado and your favorite salsa or hot sauce. Enjoy your filling, nutritious breakfast!