Surf & Turf Bacon Burgers
Surf and turf takes on a whole new tasty meaning with these Surf & Turf Bacon Burgers! Start with a juicy burger, then add a light and creamy crabmeat topping with crispy bacon. It’s an impressive burger perfect for a special night in.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 ounces Private Selection™ Wild Caught Claw Crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 pound Private Selection™ Angus Beef Ground Sirloin
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 8 slices bacon
- 4 challah sandwich rolls
- Cook the bacon until crisp via your desired cooking method. Allow to drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add in the minced the garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Then add in the crabmeat and fresh lemon juice. Sauté an additional 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a small mixing bowl and fold in the mayonnaise and paprika. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve the burgers. The crabmeat topping can be made the day before.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the ground sirloin, steak seasoning, and steak sauce. Form into 4¼ lb. patties. Grill or cook your burgers via your preferring cooking method to an internal temperature of least 160°F.
- To assemble the burgers, place the burger on the bottom bun. Top with ¼ of the crabmeat topping and 2 slices of the bacon, then the top bun. Repeat this for the other 3 burgers. Serve immediately and refrigerate any leftovers. Enjoy!