If you think sushi should be left to the professionals, this baked version might change your mind. With a cooked filling and zero rolling skills needed, this simple variation satisfies those sushi cravings at home.
Serves: 6Prep: 25 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 2 tablespoons furikake seasoning
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 pound Kroger Brand Flake Style Imitation Crab Meat, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- Roasted seaweed sheets
- 1⁄2 English cucumber, cut into thin strips
- 1 large carrot, cut into thin strips
- 1 avocado, slices
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray 8”x8” baking dish with oil spray; set aside.
- Whisk together vinegar, sugar and salt to combine. Add rice, stirring to gently to mix.
- Press rice mixture into bottom of prepared pan. Sprinkle with furikake seasoning. Set aside.
- In same mixing bowl, stir together cream cheese, mayonnaise and sriracha until smooth. Stir in chopped imitation crab meat and green onion. Spread mixture over rice.
- Bake 25-27 minutes or until golden around edges.
- Drizzle with hoisin sauce. Cut into pieces.
- Over seaweed sheets, arrange baked mixture, cucumber, carrot and avocado side by side.
- Refrigerate leftovers.