Swedish Christmas Beer (Julmumma)
With its snowy head of froth, julmumma is a favorite Christmas tipple in Sweden. Sprinkle a little more cardamom on the foam if you like.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 bottles (12 oz.) dark beer, well chilled
- 3 bottles (12 oz.) light beer, well chilled
- 1 1⁄2 cups sparkling lemonade, well chilled
- 1⁄2 cup sherry, Madeira, or port wine
- 1 tsp. ground cardamom
- Combine the lemonade, sherry, and cardamom in the bottom of a large pitcher.
- Carefully pour the beer into the pitcher so that a generous head of froth forms.
- Pour the mixture into glasses.