Sweet and Sour Chicken Wings
These sweet and sour chicken wings with the addition of Mountain Dew are a crowd pleaser.
Serves: 10Prep: 15 minutesCook: 1 day 1 hourTotal: 1 day 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 pounds chicken wings
- 1⁄2 cup Mountain Dew
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup cranberry sauce, whole or jellied
- Rinse and dry chicken wings; separate drumettes and clip away wing tips and discard or save for making chicken stock.
- Combine Mountain Dew, soy sauce, brown sugar and cranberry sauce in a medium bowl, whisking well; reserve ½ cup.
- In a large heavy zip lock bag, combine the chicken and remaining marinade and seal bag.
- Marinate in refrigerator overnight.
- When ready to bake, heat oven to 350°F. Place chicken in a 9”x13” baking dish with enough marinade to cover the bottom.
- Bake 1 hour, basting frequently with the reserved marinade then bake an additional 10 minutes at 400°F.
- Serve immediately.