Sweet & Spicy Barbecue Stuffed Jalapeños
Stuffed with a creamy cheese filling and topped with sweet pineapple, these Sweet & Spicy Barbecue Stuffed Jalapeños are the perfect way to start your backyard barbecue.
Serves: 8Prep: 20 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 10 fresh jalapeños, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 4 ounces Neufchatel Cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup Original Barbecue Sauce, plus 3-4 Tbsp. extra for finishing the jalapeños
- Pinch of salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup Pineapple Tidbits in Pineapple Juice, juices drained
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. (Alternately, preheat your oven to 450°F.)
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the Neufchatel cheese, sour cream, Colby Jack cheese, ¼ cup barbecue sauce, salt and garlic.
- Brush the halved and seeded jalapeños with the olive oil. Place them open side up on a grill pan or aluminum foil-lined baking sheet (if baking and not grilling). Fill each half jalapeño with the cream cheese mixture (about 3-4 tablespoons). Cover and grill the peppers for about 8 minutes or until the bottoms are charred and the cheese mixture is slightly browned. (Alternately, bake in a 450°F oven for 8 minutes, then broil for 1-2 minutes.)
- Place the stuffed jalapeño halves on a serving board or platter. Top with the pineapple tidbits (about three tidbits per pepper half). Drizzle with the remaining 3-4 tablespoons barbecue sauce. Serve immediately while still warm. Enjoy!