Sweet Berry Crepes
These beautiful little crepes can be filled with any fresh fruit you’d like. The gorgeous pink of the sweet cranberry spread contrasts warmly with the fudge sauce.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Medium
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup liquid egg substitute
- 4 egg whites
- ¾ cup skim milk
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 3 tsp. vanilla, divided
- 1 package (8 oz.) low-fat cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup cranberry sauce
- ½ cup powdered sugar, divided
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- ½ cup fudge sauce
- In large bowl, combine egg, egg substitute, and egg whites; beat until frothy. Add skim milk and melted butter, beat well. Add flours, granulated sugar, salt, and 2 teaspoons vanilla and beat until smooth. Let batter stand for 30 minutes.
- Spray a 7" crepe pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place over medium heat. Using a ¼ cup measure, pour 3 tablespoons of the batter onto the hot pan. Immediately lift the pan and swirl so the batter evenly coats the bottom. Cook for 1 minute or until you can pick up the crepe. Carefully flip the crepe and cook for 45 seconds. Invert onto a kitchen towel. Cool 5 minutes, then move to a sheet of waxed paper.
- In small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add cranberry sauce, ¼ cup powdered sugar, and remaining vanilla and beat until smooth. Gently spread each crepe with some of the cream cheese mixture, then roll into a cylinder. Place crepes on serving platter and top with remaining powdered sugar and strawberries.
- Microwave fudge sauce on 50 percent power for 1½ minutes or until warm; stir. Drizzle the warm sauce over crepes and serve.