Sweet Bran Muffins
Orange and vanilla give this basic bran muffin a little extra something sweet! For those with a sweet tooth, it’s a lovely start to the morning.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups 40% bran cereal
- 1¼ cups hot milk
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 1 egg
- 1 box (18.25 oz.) yellow cake mix
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. orange extract
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Generously butter muffin pan.
- Mix cereal and hot milk in a large mixing bowl and let mixture rest for 10 minutes. Use an electric beater set to high speed to mix oil and egg and extracts into cereal and milk.
- Use a wooden spoon to fold in cake mix. Mix gently until batter is wet. Do not overmix. It’s okay if this batter is a little lumpy.
- Cover the bowl with a tea towel and let batter rest for 20 minutes. Spoon batter into muffin pan. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and brush with butter. Let cool before serving.