Sweet Cheese-Filled Crepes
Serve with fresh fruit, pie fillings, low-fat sour cream, or applesauce, or all of it! Low-fat cottage cheese, or even goat cheese will change the flavor and make these crepes something unusual.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 3 large eggs, divided
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat milk
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted, divided
- 1⁄2 lb. part-skim farmer’s cheese
- 1⁄2 lb. whipped cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, sift flour. Add salt. In a medium bowl, combine 2 eggs, milk, and 1 tablespoon butter. Add flour slowly to egg batter and beat until smooth. Set aside.
- Prepare the filling in a separate bowl. Mix the farmers cheese and cream cheese together. Add remaining egg to the cheese mixture. Add sugar, remaining 2 tablespoons butter, and cinnamon. Blend well. Set aside.
- Spray a small skillet with nonstick cooking spray, and heat on low heat. Pour the batter mixture into heated skillet, just enough to cover the bottom of the skillet. Cook until firm and slightly browned on one side.
- On a large piece of wax paper, place the completed crepe. When all the batter is used up, place about 2 tablespoons of the cheese filling in the center of the browned side of each crepe and fold over the 2 opposite sides to close the crepes. Roll up the remaining sides to enclose the filling in the crepe.
- Spray cooking spray into skillet once again and place over medium-low heat. Brown crepes just before serving.