Sweet Chicken Curry
Peach preserves make this sweet, and if your dinner guests prefer less spice, you can ditch the curry, garlic, and ginger.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen green beans
- 1½ cups carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ⅓ cup peach preserves, no sugar added
- 1 Tbsp. arrowroot or tapioca powder
- 1 Tbsp. filtered water
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 tsp. grated gingerroot, or 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- Place green beans and carrots in a medium glass bowl; cover and microwave for about 6 minutes or until veggies are slightly softened. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil on medium-high in a large skillet. Add onion and garlic. Sauté for 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Add chicken broth and peach preserves to skillet and bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl, combine arrowroot or tapioca powder with water. Whisk mixture into skillet, and cook for 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium-low, add green beans, carrots, chicken, scallions, ginger, and curry powder. Heat through, about 3–5 minutes.