Sweet Corn and Red Potato Chowder
You'll use both the corn and the cob for this recipe.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 large ears sweet corn, shucked
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 large onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 large jalapeño pepper, stem and seeds removed and finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into ¼" pieces
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3½ tsp. salt, divided
- 4 oz. unsalted butter
- 3 quarts vegetable stock
- 1 quart whole milk
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- Cut corn kernels from the cob. Reserve the cobs and set kernels aside.
- In a large soup pot over medium-high heat, heat olive oil for 1 minute. Add the corn cobs, onions, jalapeño, celery, potatoes, and 3 teaspoons salt; cook, stirring often, until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the butter and cook gently, allowing the vegetables to stew in the butter for about 5 more minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and beans. Raise heat to high and bring to a full boil. Lower to a simmer and cook 10 minutes more. Remove the corn cobs.
- Stir in the milk and season with pepper and remaining salt. Serve sprinkled with parsley.