Sweet and Creamy Carrot Soup
Carrots, in any form, along with all fruits and vegetables that are orange in color, are an incredible source of antioxidants and phytochemicals—cancer-fighting, heart-healthy nutrients. Incorporate them daily into your family’s diet.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 large carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks, minced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup 2% reduced fat milk
- In a large saucepan, combine carrots, celery, stock, salt, pepper, and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer until carrots are tender, about 10 to 20 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf. Pour soup mixture into a blender or food processor and purée until smooth. Return to saucepan and bring to a boil.
- In a medium bowl combine beaten egg, cream, and milk. Mix a little of the soup with the egg/milk mixture, and then add that mixture to the soup.
- Stir and bring to a boil for 1 minute. Serve hot or cold.