Sweet Green Chickpea Soup
The delightful sweetness of perfect petite peas explodes in every sip of this thick chickpea creation. With vibrant, clean ingredients that provide tons of essential nutrition, this recipe is a flavor-packed meal or snack thatʼs as delicious and nutritious as it is beautiful.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup broccoli spears, chopped
- 1 leek, cleaned and chopped
- 2 cups chickpeas, soaked overnight
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 cups spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 cup petite peas, fresh or frozen
- 1 tsp. cracked black pepper
- In a large pot over medium heat, bring the water, broccoli, leek, chickpeas, and garlic to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 15–20 minutes.
- Add the spinach leaves, peas, and black pepper, and continue to cook for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. With an immersion blender, emulsify the ingredients until well blended and no bits remain.