Sweet Green Chili Sauce
This dip will give a burning sensation in the back of your mouth, but without the sweating and watery eyes associated with hotter peppers.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 New Mexico Hatch chilies
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 4 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 4 tsp. water
- Cut the chilies in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds and chop.
- Place the rice vinegar, sugar, and chilies in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- In a small saucepan, bring the mixture to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch and water together. Stir the cornstarch mixture into the saucepan and continue to cook until the sauce thickens. Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 7 days.