Sweet Mexican Coffee
If you’d like to make this rich hot beverage alcoholic, stir in a dollop of Kahlua or white tequila.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup ground dark-roast coffee
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ vanilla bean
- 4 cups cold water
- ¼ cup chocolate syrup
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ⅛ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. confectioner's sugar
- In drip coffeemaker, place coffee grounds, cinnamon, and vanilla bean. Add 4 cups cold water and brew. Meanwhile, in small bowl combine chocolate syrup and condensed milk and mix well. Divide syrup mixture among 4 coffee mugs. In small bowl, combine cream, cinnamon, and sugar; beat until stiff peaks form.
- When coffee has finished brewing, pour over syrup mixture in mugs and stir well. Top with whipped cream and serve.