Sweet Onion Relish
Use sweet onions like Vidalia, Candy, First Edition, Maui, or Walla Walla for this relish.
Serves: 32Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 4 medium sweet onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- ¾ cup golden raisins
- 1 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- Add onions to a pressure cooker and pour in enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat; drain immediately and discard water.
- Return onions to the pressure cooker; stir in raisins, honey, vinegar, and salt until honey is evenly distributed throughout onion slices.
- Lock the lid, bring to high pressure, and cook for 5 minutes. Reduce heat and maintain low pressure for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow the pressure to release naturally.
- Remove the lid and stir the relish. If relish needs thickening, return the pan to medium-high heat and bring to a gentle boil for 5 minutes. The relish can be served warm or stored in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 weeks.