Sweet Potato & Avocado Bison Burgers
Tasty bison combined with sweet potatoes makes this burger simply irresistible!
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 package McCormick® Grill Mates® Mesquite Marinade
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 package (16 oz.) Simple Truth™ Natural Ground Bison 90% Lean
- 2 tablespoons onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- Olive oil
- Private Selection™ Sea Salt Grinder
- Private Selection™ Tellicherry Black Peppercorns Grinder
- 4 buns
- Retrieve 2 tablespoons from marinade packet and set aside.
- On a plate, place avocado slices and drizzle or brush with rest of marinade packet. Cover and refrigerate for 12 hours or overnight.
- In a bowl, mix bison with reserved marinade, onion and breadcrumbs. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes. Remove and divide evenly into patties.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush sweet potatoes with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on baking sheet and bake for about 12-16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in sweet potato comes out clean.
- Heat oil in a 12” non-stick skillet over medium heat. Cook patties for 8-12 minutes or until thermometer inserted in center reads 160°F. If using grill, lightly brush grill with canola oil. Heat grill to medium and place patties on grill rack. Cook 8-12 minutes or until thermometer inserted in center reads 160°F.
- Top the bottom half of each bun with patty, marinated avocado slices, sweet potatoes and bun top. Refrigerate leftovers.