Sweet Potato and Cherry Quinoa Salad
Perfect for a picnic in the park, this salad is quick to prepare, easy to transport and refreshing to eat. Plus, it’s loaded with healthy ingredients that are sure to satisfy your diet and your taste buds.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup tri-color quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup cherries, pitted and diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh, torn basil leaves
- 1⁄4 cup feta, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Place sweet potatoes on center of a 12” sheet of aluminum foil. Drizzle butter over and season with ½ teaspoon salt and pepper. Fold sides of foil up to create sealed packet.
- On direct heat, place foil packet and grill 20-30 minutes, until tender.
- In medium pot, bring quinoa and water to boil. Cover and reduce heat to low; simmer 15-20 minutes, until water is absorbed.
- In small bowl, stir together olive oil, lemon juice, ½ teaspoon salt, garlic and honey.
- In serving bowl, combine quinoa, sweet potatoes, cherries, basil and feta. Drizzle dressing over.