Sweet Potato Au Gratin
An irresistible French-inspired recipe, this dish features sweet potatoes sprinkled with breadcrumbs and cheese, baked to golden brown perfection.
Serves: 4Prep: 25 minutesCook: 1 hourTotal: 1 hour 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tablespoon Simple Truth Organic™ Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 leeks, white and light green parts chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic™ Rosemary, divided
- Coarse salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into ⅛" thick slices
- 1⁄4 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Fat Free Vegetable Broth
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic™ Salted Butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Coat 10" round pan with cooking spray.
- In nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; sauté leeks, garlic, and half of rosemary for 8-10 minutes, or until softened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange ⅓ sweet potato slices over bottom of prepared pan, overlapping slightly. Spread half of leek mixture on top. Arrange another ⅓ sweet potato slices over leeks; top with remaining leeks, followed by remaining sweet potatoes.
- Drizzle broth over dish. Cover pan with foil and bake 35 minutes.
- In small bowl, stir together breadcrumbs with butter, remaining rosemary and Parmesan cheese. Remove foil from gratin, and sprinkle with breadcrumb mixture. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes, or until breadcrumbs are browned and crisp.
- Let cool slightly before cutting into wedges.