Sweet Potato Biscuit Egg & Ham Sandwiches
The perfect breakfast entrée for houseguests! Set out a basket of split sweet potato biscuits along with a selection of breakfast sandwich ingredients and invite guests to have at it. Everyone can assemble his or her own favorite combo of ham, cheese, eggs and jam!
Serves: 14Prep: 25 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut into cubes
- 1 cup cooked sweet potatoes, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup Kroger® 2% or Whole Milk
- 1 pound ham, thinly sliced
- 14 large eggs, cooked as desired and sprinkled with freshly ground pepper
- 1 1⁄4 pounds Kroger® Sharp Cheddar Cheese, thinly sliced
- 2⁄3 cup strawberry or raspberry jam
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add butter. With a pastry cutter or two knives, cut in butter until pea-size crumbs form. Stir in sweet potatoes and milk just until combined.
- Roll dough out to about ¾” thickness. With a 3” biscuit cutter, cut out dough rounds, transferring to prepared baking sheet as they are cut. Re-roll any remaining dough to make 14 rounds total.
- Bake biscuits 12-15 minutes until lightly golden and baked through. Transfer biscuits to a wire rack to cool slightly.
- Split biscuits and top bottom halves evenly with ham, egg and cheese. Spread about 2 teaspoons jam on top half of each bun. Cover with top halves to make sandwiches.