Sweet Potato Biscuits
This is the perfect addition to your holiday table.
Serves: 18Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups cake flour
- ½ tsp. ground allspice
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ cup cold unsalted butter
- 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes
- ½ cup cold whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Line a baking sheet with parchment. In a large bowl, sift together flour, allspice, baking powder, brown sugar, and salt. Cut in butter until it resembles coarse meal.
- Stir together sweet potatoes and milk, then add to dry ingredients. Use a fork and blend until the dough just comes together.
- Turn onto a floured surface and fold dough over onto itself 6–8 times. (Be careful not to knead or overwork.) Pat into 1" thickness. Cut into circles using a floured round cutter. Place biscuits 2" apart on prepared pan and set aside to rest 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Brush cream generously onto biscuits, then bake 15–20 minutes, until golden brown. Turn pan halfway through baking to promote even browning.