Sweet Potato and Black Bean Bowl with Apple and Chili Chutney
The combination of sweet potatoes and black beans is a classic. When married with cooked chicken and topped with sweet and spicy chutney, the flavors just sing.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1⁄2-inch cubes
- 1 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 1⁄2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 medium gala apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 small red onion, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 small red jalapeño, seeded, and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup cooked basmati rice
- 1 cup cubed or shredded rotisserie chicken breast
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss sweet potato with avocado oil, seasoning with salt and pepper. Bake for 25 minutes, flipping halfway through. Reserve.
- While sweet potato cooks, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add chopped apple and onion. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, or until softened. Add water, vinegar, jalapeño, and honey. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 15 minutes. Reserve.
- Place the roasted potato in a large bowl with black beans, basmati rice, and cubed chicken. Top with chutney.