Sweet Potato and Black Bean Bowl with Apple and Chili Chutney
The combination of sweet potatoes and black beans is a classic. When married with cooked chicken and topped with sweet and spicy chutney, the flavors just sing.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into ½" cubes
- 1 Tbsp. avocado oil
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 medium gala apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 small red onion, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 small red jalapeño, seeded, and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup cooked basmati rice
- 1 cup cubed or shredded rotisserie chicken breast
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss sweet potato with avocado oil, seasoning with salt and pepper. Bake for 25 minutes, flipping halfway through. Reserve.
- While sweet potato cooks, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add chopped apple and onion. Cook for 5–7 minutes, or until softened. Add water, vinegar, jalapeño, and honey. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 15 minutes. Reserve.
- Place the roasted potato in a large bowl with black beans, basmati rice, and cubed chicken. Top with chutney.