Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowl
Boost your breakfast with a bowl so delicious, you’ll never believe it’s packed with veggies! Sweet potatoes are loaded with nutrients, including Vitamins A, C and B6 as well as manganese, potassium and dietary fiber. Grab a spoon and eat your way to good health!
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 40 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons Simple Truth™ Coconut Oil
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth™ Pecan Pieces
- 1⁄4 cup Simple Truth™ Unsweetened Coconut Chips
- 1⁄4 cup Simple Truth™ Dried Cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup Simple Truth™ Maple Syrup
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth™ Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and prick all over with a fork. Roast for 35-40 minutes until completely soft. On another baking tray, roast the pecan pieces for 7-8 minutes and add the coconut flakes for the last 2 minutes of baking. Roast until golden.
- When sweet potatoes are cool enough to handle, remove the skin with a paring knife. The skin can easily be pulled off using your fingers.
- Mash the sweet potato and divide into 4 bowls.
- Top each bowl with a half tablespoon of coconut oil and half of a teaspoon of the pumpkin pie spice. Mash together to integrate.
- Top the bowls with remaining toppings and eat warm.