Sweet Potato Cake
A sweet potato is one of the best things for curbing a sweet tooth. Your first thought may be to run toward the chocolate, but sweet potato is the one that truly satisfies.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 box (18.25 oz.) white cake mix
- 1 package (3.9 oz.) vanilla pudding mix (not instant)
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 2⁄3 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tub (16 oz.) cream cheese frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 13-by-9-inch pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Sift together cake mix, pudding, cinnamon, and nutmeg. In a separate bowl mix potatoes, eggs, and oil.
- Slowly add wet ingredients to dry and mix until a smooth batter forms. Bake for 40 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.