Sweet Potato Casserole Rounds
Marshmallows and sweet potatoes are a classic Thanksgiving side dish pairing; now try them bite-size!
Serves: 40Prep: 25 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, about 2” in diameter, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pecan pieces
- 1⁄2 cup mini marshmallows
- Heat oven to 425°F. In a small bowl mix together salt, pepper and garlic.
- Slice sweet potatoes into ⅛”-¼” thick rounds. Place slices on baking sheet; brush with oil and sprinkle with salt mixture.
- Bake 18-20 minutes, flipping each round about halfway through, until tender and lightly browned.
- Meanwhile in a bowl mix together flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumbly; mix in pecans.
- Divide pecan mixture evenly between sweet potatoes; top each with 1-2 marshmallows. Return to oven for 3-5 minutes until marshmallows puff and start to toast.
- Refrigerate leftovers.