Sweet Potato Casserole with Walnut Topping
Carrot cake isn’t the only way to serve vegetables as a dessert!
Serves: 10Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1½ cups vanilla almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. cloves
- ½ cup Sucanat, divided
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 2 cups crushed walnuts
- ½ cup coconut oil
- In a large pot over medium heat, boil sweet potato cubes until soft. Prepare a 9" x 13" baking dish with olive oil spray, and preheat oven to 400°F.
- Drain the sweet potatoes, and mash completely. Add almond milk, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, cloves, ¼ cup Sucanat, and ginger, and blend well. Pour the sweet potato mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the walnuts, remaining ¼ cup Sucanat, and coconut oil and blend well. Sprinkle the walnut mixture over the sweet potato, and bake for 35–45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.