Sweet Potato Chili
The chipotle pepper in adobo sauce gives this chili some kick. Try adding more if you like the spice.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 45 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and diced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cans (15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, puréed
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 1 red chili pepper, sliced
- 6 medium Roma tomatoes, diced
- In a large stockpot, sauté onion in olive oil over medium heat until translucent, about 8–10 minutes. Add sweet potatoes and red pepper, stirring well to cover in oil. Cook about 10 minutes until sweet potatoes and red pepper soften. Add garlic, stirring well to mix in, and cook until fragrant, about 1–2 minutes.
- Add broth, black beans, chipotle pepper, corn, red chili pepper, and tomatoes. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer 15–20 minutes.