Sweet Potato Chips
Sweet potatoes are loaded with vitamin A and delicious when fried and salted. Eat these chips plain or with your favorite dip.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled
- 3 cups canola oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Slice the potatoes thinly with a mandoline.
- Heat the oil in a deep-fat fryer to 375°F.
- Fry for about 3 to 4 minutes, depending on the thickness of the chips. When the chips are very crisp, remove from the oil and drain.
- Sprinkle chips with salt and pepper.