Sweet Potato Crisps
Love store-bought sweet potato chips? This homemade version is so good you may never buy them again.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 28 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 medium sweet potato, scrubbed well
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. ground sweet paprika
- Position 2 oven racks in the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 350°F. Get out 2 baking sheets and set aside.
- Slice the sweet potato into paper-thin rounds using a mandolin or very sharp knife.
- Place slices into a mixing bowl, add the oil and paprika, and toss well to coat. Arrange the slices in a single layer on the baking sheets. Do not overlap.
- Place the baking sheets on the middle 2 racks in the oven and bake 8 minutes. Switch the baking sheet positions and bake another 7–8 minutes, until the edges of the slices begin to curl and the centers are golden brown and dry to the touch.
- Remove baking sheets from the oven and place on wire racks. Cool for a few minutes before transferring to a bowl. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.