Sweet Potato Crunch Casserole
Here’s a sweet and crunchy sweet potato side for those who like their vegetables without marshmallows.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a medium baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil for 10 to 12 minutes until tender. Drain and place in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
- Add eggs, sugar, and softened butter. Beat 2 minutes until smooth. Pour the mixture into the prepared dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine vanilla, melted butter, flour, brown sugar, pecans, and cinnamon. Sprinkle mixture over the top of the casserole.
- Bake for 45 minutes.