Sweet Potato Egg Nests
Take your brunch to the next level with these creative and delicious Sweet Potato Egg Nests.
Prep: 15 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups sweet potato, grated
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 12 Simple Truth Organic™ Cage Free Grade A Large Brown Eggs
- Red onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Avocado, sliced, to serve
- Parsley, to garnish
- Chives, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Prepare a standard muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the grated sweet potato in a bowl. Stir in vegetable oil, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese. Place ¼ cup of the sweet potato mixture into the prepared muffin tin, pushing the sweet potatoes up the sides to create a nest. Bake for 15 minutes, or until slightly crisped.
- Remove muffin tin from the oven and crack one egg into each sweet potato nest. Bake for 10-12 minutes for a soft yolk, or for 15 minutes for a hard yolk. Remove from the oven.
- To remove the nests from the tray, run a knife around the inside of each cup. Serve each nest with a slice of avocado and parsley or chives. Refrigerate any leftovers.