Sweet Potato Egg Nests
These cute nests require little prep work and are delicious with every bite. They are easy to serve and can pair with almost any fruit salad, which makes for a tasty brunch.
Serves: 12Prep: 15 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups sweet potato, grated
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 12 Simple Truth Organic™ Cage Free Grade A Large Brown Eggs
- Avocado, sliced, to serve
- Parsley, to garnish
- Chives, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare a standard muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the grated sweet potato in a bowl. Stir in vegetable oil, salt, pepper and Parmesan. Place ¼ cup of the sweet potato mixture into the prepared muffin tin, pushing the sweet potatoes up the sides to create a nest. Bake for 15 minutes, or until slightly crisped.
- Remove from the oven and crack one egg into each sweet potato nest. Bake for 10-12 minutes for a soft yolk, or for 15 minutes for a hard yolk.
- Remove the nests from the tray by running a knife around the sides of each cup. Serve each nest with a slice of avocado and parsley or chives. Refrigerate any leftovers.