Sweet Potato Hazelnut Pancakes
Serve this dish in early November to get your family ready for and excited about Thanksgiving dinner or a fall harvest celebration.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 Tbsp. Splenda
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Splenda brown sugar substitute
- 1⁄8 cup egg white substitute
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. chopped hazelnuts
- 1⁄2 cups sugar-free pancake syrup
- In a bowl, mix flour, oatmeal, Splenda, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and brown sugar together. In a separate bowl, mix together egg white substitute, milk, sweet potatoes, and vanilla. Gently fold flour mixture into sweet potato mixture.
- Coat skillet or griddle with nonstick spray. Pour 1⁄3 cup batter per pancake onto skillet.
- Cook on medium-high heat until pancake develops bubbles on top. Flip the pancake and brown on the other side. Top with hazelnuts and pancke syrup.