Sweet Potato and Lentil Soup
For a creamier soup, add 1 cup of fat-free sour cream or plain yogurt after cooking. Swirl cream and soup together gently.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 stalk celery stick, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1½ cups cubed sweet potato
- 1 cup cooked red lentils
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ tsp. minced garlic
- ½ tsp. all-purpose seasoning
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- Spray a large saucepan with nonstick cooking spray. Add onions and celery and cook on medium-high heat for 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add carrots, sweet potatoes, lentils, bay leaf, garlic, all-purpose seasoning, and broth to saucepan. Cover and cook on medium for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for an additional 10 minutes. Remove bay leaf and blend soup in batches in a food processor.
- Return soup to saucepan, add cilantro, and simmer for 5 minutes.