Sweet Potato Muffins
Sweet potatoes are good for you and tasty too. When you season them with cinnamon and nutmeg in this muffin recipe, they taste even better…almost like pumpkin!
- 1 cup sweet potato, mashed (about 1 large sweet potato)
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners or spray with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together sweet potato, eggs, buttermilk, vanilla, vegetable oil and brown sugar until well combined.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Stir into sweet potato mixture until just combined. Add chocolate chips if using.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin tin. Bake for 14-18 minutes until a tester comes out clean.
- Place on wire rack for 5 minutes, before removing from the pan to cool completely.