Sweet Potato Oat Cookies
Made with better-for-you ingredients, these naturally sweetened sweet potato cookies are chocolatey, moist and a smart way to get your kids to eat their veggies.
Serves: 12Prep: 20 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into ½” cubes
- 2 1⁄2 cups rolled oats or quick oats
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bring small pot of water to boil. Add sweet potato; reduce to simmer. Cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain water. Blend sweet potato until smooth. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Stir in oats, maple syrup, salt and chocolate chunks.
- Form dough into 12 cookie shapes; arrange on prepared baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes.