Sweet Potato Pancakes
You’ll never look at pancakes the same way again once you taste this sweet potato variety! Sweet, smooth, and flavorful, this healthier option outdoes the refined favorite in every aspect.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup sweet potato purée
- 1 cup plain low-fat Greek-style yogurt
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 egg whites
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. Sucanat
- 1⁄4 cup 100% whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. agave nectar
- Coat a nonstick skillet with olive oil cooking spray and place over medium heat.
- Combine all ingredients except agave nectar and mix well. Scoop the batter onto the preheated skillet, using approximately 1⁄2 cup of batter per pancake.
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Remove from heat, plate, and drizzle all pancakes with the agave nectar.