Sweet Potato Pancakes with Maple Yogurt Sauce
Nothing seems more Thanksgiving than sweet potatoes and sage! Give these unique appetizers a try at your family’s Thanksgiving table.
- 1 large sweet potato (about 1 lb.), shredded
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons Kroger® Chesapeake Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup Kroger® Plain Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic® Sage, thinly sliced (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix together the sweet potato, egg, flour, seasoning, salt and black pepper until well combined. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a straight-sided cast iron skillet over medium heat. Drop the potato mixture into the pan by the tablespoon and flatten slightly into a pancake shape. Cook until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Flip and continue cooking until the second side is golden brown and the inside of the pancake has set. Remove from the pan and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- In a small bowl, mix together the Greek yogurt and maple syrup. Serve with the sweet potato pancakes and garnish with sage leaves.