Sweet Potato Pie
This is a delicious sweet potato pie, made with just the right combination of spices and sugar.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes (about 1 large or 2 medium sweet potatoes)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk or half-and-half
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9 inches)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat mashed sweet potato with butter, sugars, milk, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla. Beat until smooth and well blended. Pour filling into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. The pie will settle as it cools.