Sweet Potato and Red Quinoa Soup
This soup is sweet and savory with a hint of spice. It’s the perfect soup for a busy night, when time is short and everyone is looking for a satisfying meal.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1" pieces
- 1 large red onion, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red or white quinoa, rinsed
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tsp. curry paste
- 1⁄2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 25 minutes, or until potatoes and quinoa are cooked through.
- Carefully ladle soup into a blender, and cover with a clean kitchen towel. Process slowly at first, then increase speed, until soup is smooth. Serve hot.