Sweet Potato Salad with Double Mustard
This salad is sweet and has a bit of a kick from the mustard and the mustard seeds. It’s the perfect salad for lunch or dinner.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1⁄2-inch pieces
- 1 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1 small red onion, peeled and diced
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- 1 Tbsp. chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tsp. mustard seeds
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large pot, and cover them with water. Season with 1⁄2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook until softened, about 12 to 14 minutes. Drain.
- Place the sweet potatoes and onion in a large bowl with the dill, parsley, and mustard seeds.
- Whisk together the olive oil, Dijon mustard, vinegar, black pepper, and remaining salt together in a small bowl. Drizzle over the salad and stir well to combine. Serve warm.