Sweet Potato Stacks
Layering thin slices of sweet potatoes with melted butter and fragrant fresh herbs makes for an appetizer that tastes and smells amazing. Maple syrup finishes these little stacks off with just a hint of sweetness.
Serves: 24Cook: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 sweet potatoes (8 oz. each, about 4” long), peeled
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- Fresh sage or rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray a 24-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Slice each sweet potato horizontally into 32 (⅛” thick) rounds. Place 1 slice in a prepared muffin cup. Brush with a small amount of butter and sprinkle with bit of herbs. Repeat 7 more times to make an 8-slice stack. Repeat to make 24 stacks total. Drizzle about 1 teaspoon maple syrup over each.
- Bake stacks 30-40 minutes until fork-tender. Tip: Cover stack with foil for the last 10 minutes of cooking if they are getting too brown on top.