Sweet Potato Tacos
Looking for vegetarian lunch ideas? Sweet potatoes make a delightful taco filling and are loaded with nutrients. Choose your favorite taco shell and serve with your favorite salsa and shredded greens on the side.
Serves: 6Prep: 20 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic™ Coconut Oil
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into ½” cubes
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon Private Selection™ Six Chili Powder
- 1 can (15 oz.) Simple Truth Organic™ Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 12 Kroger Chili Lime Taco Shells
- Heat oven to 400°F. Layer two large sheet trays on top of each other. Spread the coconut oil in the top pan and heat in the oven to melt while you prepare the vegetables.
- In a large bowl toss the sweet potato, onion, peppers, salt and chili powder together to coat. Spread over the heated sheet trays in the oven and roast for 15-20 minutes until nearly tender.
- Stir the roasting vegetables on the tray, fold in the black beans and return to the oven for another 10 minutes to roast.
- Serve taco filling in taco shells with all your favorite toppings. If you’re making this dish ahead, cool completely before storing in the refrigerator or freezer in airtight containers. It should keep for 4 days in the refrigerator and up to 2 months in the freezer.