Sweet Potato Veggie Patties
Mashed sweet potatoes and tahini make the perfect base for these simple veggie burgers filled with delicious black-eyed peas!
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. whole-grain mustard
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 can (15 oz.) black-eyed peas
- 2 Tbsp. tahini
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 large lettuce leaves
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- Combine mayonnaise and mustard in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the sweet potato in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and microwave on high for 5 minutes. Remove from microwave, uncover, and cool slightly. Mash with a fork until smooth.
- Stir in black-eyed peas, tahini, salt, and pepper. Form mixture into 4 patties and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve patties with lettuce, tomato, onion, and mayonnaise-mustard mixture.