Sweet Potato Volcanoes
These fun volcanoes bring new life to traditional sweet potatoes.
Serves: 9Prep: 10 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (29 oz.) syrup-packed sweet potatoes, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 9 miniature marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Heat oven to 425°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper; trace nine 2½” circles onto parchment paper; turn paper over onto baking sheet.
- In large bowl, mash all ingredients except marshmallows with potato masher or on low speed of mixer until smooth.
- Place sweet potato mixture in large resealable bag; tie off bag with a twist tie so that it resembles a triangular piping bag. Hold bag at top with one hand and cut ¾” off bottom of bag with scissors using the other hand.
- Squeeze sweet potato mixture into 2½” circles. Continue squeezing and tapering sweet potato mound until it is about 2” high. Repeat to form 9 volcanoes.
- Bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Push marshmallow gently into top of volcano. Return to oven and bake 3 to 4 minutes longer or until marshmallows brown and begin to melt.
- Let stand a few minutes before transferring to serving plate (use a thin, flat server to lift them from baking sheet to serving plate to dinner plate).