Sweet Potatoes with Coconut Milk
This is an alternative to that marshmallow-studded side dish. The peanuts can be omitted if there are allergy issues.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 8 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 lbs. sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced in ½" rounds
- ⅓ packed cup brown sugar
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup shredded toasted coconut
- ½ cup chopped peanuts
- Spray the inside of a 4-quart slow cooker with nonstick spray.
- Overlap the sweet potato slices in prepared cooker. Sprinkle evenly with the brown sugar. Pour the coconut milk over the sweet potatoes, then sprinkle them with shredded coconut.
- Cover and cook on low for 6–8 hours. Serve hot, topped with chopped peanuts.