Sweet Red Onion Salad Dressing
If you like garlic and onion, try substituting minced garlic for the Herbes de Provence in this recipe.
Makes: 1Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. dry mustard
- 2 tsp. celery seed
- 2 tsp. Herbes de Provence
- 1⁄2 tsp. sea salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 large red onion, minced
- 4 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup aged balsamic vinegar
- In a small saucepan, stir together sugar, onion powder, mustard, celery seed, Herbes de Provence, salt, and pepper. Add onion. Add the extra-virgin oil and vinegars; whisk together to blend.
- Heat over medium heat 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Ladle hot dressing into sterilized jars. Remove air bubbles. Wipe rims; cap and seal. Process in water-bath canner 15 minutes.